With the wide range of virtual reality simulation training options offered by Apex Officer, police officers and law enforcement agencies can benefit from honing their skills in an active vehicle pursuit, judgmental use of force situation, and other emergency crisis intervention, decision-making, scenarios in a way that reduces risk for both law enforcement and others.
Apex Officer Dispatcher Training Course
The Apex Officer public safety dispatcher training course exists to assist police officers and law enforcement agencies in the initial orientation and training of newly selected public safety dispatchers.
Goals of the Apex Officer Dispatcher Course:
- To provide an understanding of the basic roles, responsibilities, and duties of the public safety dispatcher within the law enforcement agency
- To provide standardized training to all newly appointed public safety dispatchers and prepare them for the practical application of learned information.
- To introduce the skills and knowledge necessary to work in a law enforcement communications center in a productive and professional manner.
MINIMUM HOURLY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE PUBLIC SAFETY DISPATCHERS’ BASIC COURSE
According to California's Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training, the Public Safety Dispatchers' basic course curriculum content and minimum hourly requirements are:
- Professional Orientation and Ethics - 8 hours
- Criminal Justice System - 4 hours
- Introduction to Law - 12 hours
- Interpersonal Communication - 4 hours
- Telephone Technology and Procedures - 12 hours
- Missing Persons - 4 hours
- Domestic Violence - 4 hours
- Community Policing/Cultural Diversity/Hate Crimes/Gang Awareness - 8 hours
- Child, Elder and Dependent Adult Abuse - 4 hours
- Law Enforcement Telecommunications - 8 hours
- Radio Technology and Procedures - 12 hours
- Resources/Referral Services - 2 hours
- Critical Incidents - 16 hours
- Wellness Management - 4 hours
- Supporting Instructional/Activities - Exercises - 18 hours
- TOTAL MINIMUM REQUIRED HOURS: 120 HOURS
Do you still have more questions? Request a Demo or complete this form below and an Apex Officer representative will be in touch.