Virtual reality EVOC driving simulators for first responder training.
Apex Officer's Emergency Vehicle Operator Course (EVOC) is the logical answer for instructing and teaching first responders the necessary skills to operate an emergency vehicle safely. All of Apex Officer's EVOC and police driving simulators are designed to enhance vehicle safety operations by emphasizing theory and principles of defensive driving in both emergency and non-emergency situations.
Apex Officer EVOC Training System Focus Areas:
Whether a part of an EVOC training course or a centerpiece of your annual Law Enforcement Refresher course, the Apex Officer VR Driving System will allow your police officer to maintain their edge by safely practicing:
- Negotiation of crowded intersections
- Appropriate usage of the siren and lights
- Staying in the appropriate lane position
- Driver’s situational awareness
- Keeping other drivers aware of your vehicle
- Risk management skills
- Compliance with local laws
- Traffic stops and high-speed pursuits
- Pursuit termination
- PIT maneuver (where applicable)
About Apex Officer's Virtual Reality EVOC Driving Simulator
Apex Officer EVOC driving simulators can be customized to fit any training exercise that fire departments, EMT, and other first responder agencies might require. We offer complete virtual reality solutions, rather than just a simple one-size-fits all driving program, “app” or device. Apex Officer's EVOC driving simulators provide a higher level of fidelity than current training simulators and this allows for our emergency vehicle driving simulators to translate from the training facility to the road.
Apex Officer VR Driving Simulator Features
- Customized Vehicle Hardware and Equipment
- Apex Officer Content Library and Curriculum
- Comprehensive Train-the-Trainer Course
- Reconfigurable Graphics
- Cross-Training Interoperability
- After Action Debriefing
Five Reasons Why Apex Officer's EVOC Driving Simulator is the best Choice for First Responder Training
- Progressive Skill Development – Apex Officer’s simulators provides an adjustable, progressively difficult skill development path to enhance skills, improve defensive driving and hone decision making skills while behind the wheel.
- Safe and Controlled Training Environment – reduce risk and focus on continual reinforcement of training curriculum by allowing students and first responders to practice responses to dangerous situations in a safe, controlled environment.
- Scenario Builder and Customization – Apex Officer’s DIY scenario builder and customization settings allow the trainer to design scenarios that address learning objectives relevant to your agency and individual students and officers.
- Increase Learning Retention and Effectiveness – Apex Officer’s EVOC driving simulator is a new, state of the art, experiential technology that promotes a higher transfer of learning and increased retention when compared to other training methods.
- Standardized Training Curriculum – Apex Officer’s virtual reality driving simulators feature standardized and compliant training content and modules; meanwhile, providing the instructor with the tools and opportunities to tailor the training to their specific needs.
Apex Officer EVOC Training Courses:
- EVOC Update (8 Hours)
- Driver Awareness (8 Hours)
- Driver Awareness Instructor (24 Hours)
- Driver Training Update (24 Hours)
- Driver Training Instructor (40 Hours)
- ATV Rider - Law Enforcement Course (16 Hours)
- POST Mandatory Perishable Skills Program LEDS and FOS (8 Hours)
- POST Mandatory Perishable Skills Program LEDS (4 Hours)
- Motorcycle Dual Sport On/Off Road Course (40 Hours)
- 4X4 Off Road Vehicle Course (8 Hours)
- Advanced Defensive Driving (8 Hours)
- Emergency Services Driving Course (8 Hours)
- Motorcycle Pre-Training
- Motorcycle Basic Academy
- Motorcycle Basic Instructor
- Motorcycle Update
- Pursuit Intervention Technique (PIT) Course
- Teen Survival Driving (8 Hours)
Apex Officer EVOC Driving Training Simulator FAQ's
Why is Apex Officer's EVOC driving simulator better than the EVOC driving simulators we're currently using?
Virtual reality is a natural fit for police and law enforcement driving simulations, bringing high visual immersion in line with detailed and realistic driving physics.
Why Should You Use Apex Officer's EVOC Driving Simulator?
Apex Officer’s simulation-based driver training allows you to expose your officers and drivers to various challenging and hazard-laden scenarios in a controlled environment. You can record operator reactions and response times, and provide after-action reviews and debriefing that point out performance improvement areas for each driver. Apex Officer’s simulator-based training approach improves critical driving skills, enhances decision making abilities, and increases the safety of your law enforcement agencies’ operations.
Why is Apex Officer’s EVOC Driving Simulator better than the competition?
Building a virtual reality driving simulator requires expertise in 4 very different areas. These are: advanced virtual reality development, specialized driving hardware, simulation software and educational curricula or course ware. And then it requires human factor researchers to validate the resulting program.
Request more information